Compass Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on drugging the immune system to treat human diseases. Using its proprietary antibody discovery and screening platforms, Compass has generated a portfolio of next generation immunomodulatory biologic drug candidates, drug combinations, and multispecifics addressing unmet medical needs in oncology, autoimmunity and other diseases.
Our Protein Sciences Group is seeking a hands-on Senior Associate Scientist.
- Purification of recombinant antibody and antibody variants to support Antibody Discovery
- Troubleshoot and optimize purification of non-routine antibody variants and fusion proteins
- Development of low-touch, semi-automated purification processes
- Basic protein characterization
- Cure cancer.
- Extensive track record of antibody purification from mammalian cell culture
- Expertise in protein purification to support multiple-scale workflows, from shake-flask through to bioreactors
- Experience using a number of purification methodologies, including affinity (protein-A), ion-exchange, hydrophobic interaction, size-exclusion, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize purification strategies
- Basic protein characterization (HPLC-SEC, DLS, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, ELISA, Bio-Layer Interferometry/Octet analysis, FACS analysis) desirable
- Expertise in creative thinking and multitasking, with strong communication skills
- B.S. or M.S. + 2-5 years of relevant antibody purification experience
Compass Therapeutics offers individually-tailored compensation packages which include competitive cash compensation, meaningful equity participation, comprehensive healthcare and adoption benefits, continuous career development, sabbatical programs, education reimbursement and many other benefits aligned with our philosophy of putting our team first.