Compass Therapeutics is a fully-integrated drug discovery and development company focused on manipulating the immune system to treat human disease using our proprietary Targeted Immunomodulation™ platform. Compass is initially focused on developing cures for cancer by comprehensively drugging the entire tumor-immune synapse with combination therapies. Novel scientific insights are validated and explored deeply inside our labs before Compass pursues the best proprietary combinations of therapeutics into human clinical trials.
Compass has attracted $170M in Series A financing to fund our ambitious plan to build a fully- integrated biopharmaceutical company from the ground up. Our investors are among the most sophisticated venture capitalists in the industry who exemplify our philosophy of building long term economic value through our therapeutic pipeline. They include OrbiMed Advisors, F-Prime Capital, Borealis Ventures, Thiel Capital, Cowen Private Investments, GV, and Alexandria Real Estate Ventures.
Our Finance Department is seeking a Senior Accountant at our Cambridge, MA site.
- Work with the Director of Finance to support the company’s maturing finance and accounting function
- Daily responsibilities include accounts payable, maintaining fixed asset and depreciation ledger, and recording daily accounting transactions
- Month-end responsibilities include recording journal entries, updating prepaid schedule(s), preparing account reconciliations, and preparing balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows for internal use
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for distribution to investors
- Prepare year-end accruals and other journal entries
- Assist with year-end audit process, including directly communicating with auditors and responding to their requests, preparing financial statements, and facilitating fieldwork when auditors are onsite
- Ensure that all transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist the Director of Finance with tax reporting
- Track company’s contracts to ensure all payments are made in a timely manner
- Assist the Director of Finance with research projects, strategic planning, and collaboration with outside advisors
- Substantial opportunities for growth and learning as the company’s finance needs mature and become increasingly complex
- Additional ad hoc and/or project work as needed
- Cure cancer.
- Certified public accountant
- Understanding of consolidated entities and elimination entries
- Experience with enterprise resource planning and/or integrated financial systems (NetSuite preferred)
- B.S. in accounting or business
- 3+ years of audit experience at a public accounting firm
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work independently and comfortable reporting to off-site supervisor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be analytical and detail oriented
- Comfortable using new software systems
We believe that science is bigger than any one person. Our legacy is what we achieve together. To that end, Compass Therapeutics offers individually-tailored compensation packages which include competitive cash compensation, meaningful equity participation, comprehensive healthcare and adoption benefits, continuous career development, sabbatical programs, education reimbursement and many other benefits aligned with our philosophy of putting our team first. Our labs are located at 245 First Street, Cambridge, MA.